|What is the Watershed Project
- What are the goals of the Watershed Project?
- Engage and train the next generation of scientists.
- Gather water quality data on streams in the Northeast.
- Who participates in the Watershed Project?
Participants come from the five NECC states (Vermont, Delaware, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island)
as well as New York, Connecticut, and Puerto Rico.
- High school students
- High school teachers
- Graduate student researchers (as mentors)
- Faculty researchers (as mentors)
- What do participants do?
- Learn how to conduct hands-on research on streams at a one-week training session.
- Collect water quality, macroinvertebrate, and land use data.
- Work with real data and researchers
- Present their own research at an annual symposium.